Skip to main content

Puppy Miraculously Saves After Eating Full Pack of Chocolate Biscuits.

If you are a dog owner, you may know that dogs usually try to chew everything they see. It is very normal. Sometimes they even chew the most valuable things in the house. Chewing has many benefits for dogs. For puppies it’s a way to relieve difficulties that might be caused by incoming teeth. And for older dogs, it helps keep the jaws strong and teeth clean. It comes naturally to them. In addition, chewing relieve feelings of boredom and loneliness.

But some dogs may even lose their lives by eating everything they see. This is about a Rottweiler puppy who faced such an incident. You probably know that chocolate is a food that should not be given to dogs. This is because of the chocolate contain with theobromine. They make dogs can’t to metabolize effectively. So eating too much chocolate can cause big health problems for dogs. And sometimes the dogs may even lose their lives.

image 01

A 15-week-old Rottweiler puppy, Zeena, once faced such an incident. When Zeena’s owner, Joe Higgs, returned home from school, he saw something totally unexpected. Her Rottweiler girl, Zeena, had eaten an entire packet of chocolate biscuits. She also found the chewed, empty packet of chocolate biscuits on the kitchen floor. After few minutes, the dog’s stomach had grown very large and Joe rushed her to the PDSA veterinary center for treatment as soon as possible.

image 02

According to the vets, she had eaten about 3g of chocolate. But it’s too big for her because she’s still a baby. Fortunately, the vets were able to save her life. But remember that chocolate, like most other human foods, is not good for dogs at all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *